Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.diamondinthescruff.co.uk.
Information We Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact us directly.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
1. as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
2. if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
1. Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
2. Business transfers. If we sell or merge the business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
3. Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
1. Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
2. Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
3. Object. You can object to (i) processing of some of your information based on legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
4. Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us:
For purposes of EU data protection law, The business, Diamond in the Scruff, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.
This is the time we need to prepare an order for dispatch. These times vary for each individual item. For details, please see the individual item listings.
If you require the item to be sent out before this processing time frame, please contact us and we will provide you with the option to purchase a rush order fee to process your item in the next working time space.
Customs & Import Taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. We are not responsible for any delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
We accept returns and exchanges
Contact us via email within 5 days of delivery. Dispatch items back to us within 14 days of delivery.
Returns are to be sent recorded post and the tracking number should be emailed to us with your order number as the subject title. If a tracking number is not given, we cannot progress an issue until the items are received by us. We cannot refund or exchange a product if we do not receive the item in return.
Buyers are responsible for their own postage costs.
If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
All returns must include the name and order number inside the package.
Please message us before returning an item to receive the return address.
We don’t accept cancellations
But please contact us via email if you have any problems with your order.
The following items cannot be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, we cannot accept returns for:
- Custom or personalised orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
Frequently Asked Questions
Custom and personalised orders
If you have an idea or request for something to be personalised, then please drop us a message so we can try and help.
We can personalise most items and are always expanding our business.
Please note that any personalised custom orders must be paid for up front before we make the item. This is because once they have been personalised, we cannot sell them onto any one else. Personalised items are also none refundable or returnable.
Where are you based
We are based in Tamworth in the UK and if you wish, you are more than welcome to come and collect your items in person.
Just drop us a message to arrange a collection time and date.
Each item we personalise has specific care instructions.
Each listing has basic care instructions. We ask that you adhere to these guidelines with your purchase to keep your item in its best condition.
If these guidelines are not adhered to and there was a issue, then we will not be able to give you a refund or exchange your purchase.